Speaker #1 - Handcrafted Auto Marine & Offroad
Conveniently located just outside of Phoenix in Chandler, AZ. Handcrafted Auto Marine & Offroad is Arizona's premier destination for car, marine and offroad audio, remote starters and other enhancements.
In the 22 years that Jon Kowanetz has been involved with the mobile electronics industry, he has held many roles in companies large and small including; technician, salesman, manager, expediter, fabricator and business owner. With such diverse experiences, Jon has learned organizational, leadership and personal skills have contributed to the forming of Handcrafted Auto Marine & Offroad.
Now, with 10 years at the helm of Arizona’s Most Awarded Vehicle Customization Facility, Jon has found a new title, Business Mentor, as he shares better business practices and situational experiences to help better his colleagues and their businesses.
• 2007 - Handcrafted Car Audio was started in a garage.
• 2009 - Moved to 1800 sq. ft. warehouse facility.
• 2010 - Received Installer of the Year. (Mobile Electronics Magazine)
• 2013 - Received Retailer of the Year. (Mobile Electronics Magazine)
• 2014 - Moved to current 4,100 sq. ft. facility, facing Arizona Ave.
• 2015 - Improved our waiting area:
Added free wi-fi, beverages and rental car service.
• 2015 – Received Best Customer Retention Program
We improved everything about the way we treat people.
Speaker #2 - EduCar
Ken Ward is a veteran of the consumer electronics industry with over 25 years experience. Ken has worked in retail, technical support, product development and planning, for auto sound, auto security, remote starters, telematics, video and rear-seat entertainment, and in-car computing.
Ken has trained over a thousand industry professionals over his career - hundreds just in the past few years through his Educar Training practice. He is acknowledged as the industry’s expert on OEM audio integration.
Educar specializes in three areas of training relevant to the car audio specialist:
– Audio Theory and Practice – How to design and tune music systems
– OE Audio Integration – guaranteeing great sound from the OEM head unit
– Non-Sales Training – effective, principled “selling” for non-salespeople
• Award-winning consumer-electronics salesperson
• Former chair, CEA Mobile Electronics Education Committee
• Former member, Mobile Electronics Certification Program Steering Committee
• Contributor, MECP Study Guide, Second Edition
• Contributor, MECP Master Certification Test, first edition
• Co-inventor, US Patent 5,534,845 (Advanced Auto Security Features)
• Author of several articles in industry publications